Protocol Education are working with a dedicated specialist school for the hearing impaired and are currently looking for teaching Assistant to work with pupils from reception through to Key Stage 3.
This will be a flexible position to work both short term and long term.
To be considered for this position you will be required to have experience of the following;
• BSL level 3 or equivalent
• Recent experience (within the last 6 months) teaching in a school environment.
• Working with pupils on a one to one basis supporting them with class work
• Ability to lead small groups of pupils with a set task supporting each individual with their specific needs.
• Excellent literacy and Numeracy skills
• Take direction from the class teacher and SENco and assist the class teacher with any duty
• Preparing resources for the classroom
• Strong behaviour management
• Create a positive learning environment for each pupil and communicate effectively using sign and other class resources
For this role you must have a level 3 BSL or equivalent. The role requires a dedicated and committed Teaching assistant who would be flexible to working sporadic days.
About Protocol Education
Protocol Education is a specialist provider of recruitment services to the education sector, supplying Teachers, Classroom and Special Support Assistants, Instructors, One-to-One Tutors, Cover Supervisors and Nursery Nurses and other Support staff to Primary, Secondary, Special Needs schools, Pupil Referral Units and Nurseries across the UK.
Protocol Education take a "no risk" approach to Safeguarding, providing schools with clear, unambiguous details of the level of checking and vetting we undertaken for each teacher or support worker before they start work in any position.
Protocol Education strives to be innovative. Our "Narrowing the Gap" programme helps schools effectively manage the requirements of Pupil Premium payments; our Effective Inclusion Guide has won plaudits for its highly practical approach to SEN in the mainstream; our candidate CPD and Volunteer programme has helped schools effectively plug skills gaps and helped people back into the workforce. For all of this and more Protocol Education were named Temporary Agency of the Year in the 2013 Recruiter Awards.
Protocol Education's branch network helps bring schools and staff together across the UK while our international office, located in Australia, New Zealand and Canada bring the cream of the worlds teaching talent to the UK.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.