Experienced PMLD/SEND Teaching Assistants
Do you have a passion supporting children with SEN? Are you looking for a role to gain invaluable experience before completing a PGCE?
Protocol are looking for experienced learning support assistants that specialise or are highly experienced working with children with special needs such as profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and cognitive and physical disabilities. Learning support assistants will be required to work with SEN students across all ages in one of our SEN schools Wandsworth. Successful candidates will be required to both work one to one or lead a group with children with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and cognitive and physical disabilities in specialised settings.
As a specialist LSA successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
• To have worked one to one and lead groups with children with special needs such as profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and cognitive and physical disabilities
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to use initiative and work well under pressure.
• Be able to differentiate work to support needs of children
• Experience in personal care such as feeding and changing.
• Experience in manual handling hoisting
• TEACCH, Team Teach/MAPA is desirable
• PECs and Makaton trained is desirable, but experience is essential
• Must apply for disclosure barred service or currently registered to the updated service.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
• Competitive pay
• Local work
• Working in a established school
If you have all of these qualities and would like to work with Protocol, please submit your CV.
Please note only candidates with the relevant qualifications and legal right to work in the UK will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We find jobs for teachers and teaching assistants in schools throughout England.
Our aim is to provide schools with the supply teachers, teaching assistants, support and SEN staff they need to be successful. At the same time, helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff to find rewarding and career-enhancing jobs.