Behaviour Support Assistant
Are you passionate about being a role model for pupils that need extra support throughout their educational attainment?
Have you got what it takes to encourage positivity and keep pupils on task?
We are currently working with a number of pupil referral units across the North Yorkshire area that are looking for experienced behaviour support assistants to work on a temporary basis that has potential of becoming a long term or permanent role. It is highly essential you are prepared to get your hands dirty and be committed in providing high quality support. Whether encouraging good behaviour, supporting pupils that may present with challenging behaviour, those that have frequent outburst and making sure you are an outstanding role model. Being experienced in working in a pupil referral unit setting is a must, as there will be situations that occur which you will need to have the relevant skill set and experience on how to deal with them. I am looking for individuals that are well grounded, strong minded behaviour support assistants, wanting to build their career and happy to work temporarily in order to showcase their skills and abilities to secure a role in a unit they are happy with.
For this behaviour support assistant role, you will:
• Have at least 6 months experience as a behaviour support assistant working in a pupil referral unit or similar setting.
• Have strong behaviour management skills.
• Understand the importance of building a good rapport with all pupils to ensure they progress in their educational attainment.
• Follow behaviour polices and procedures.
• Be highly enthusiastic in being a role model for the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Support the pupil or pupils through activities to keep them focused and on task.
• Be empathetic when any situation occurs while at the same time being professional.
• Adapt learning strategies in order to provide the best support to the pupil or pupils to complete the learning activity set.
• Liaise with the teacher with progress or any concerns that arise.
• Be flexible in your approach.
• Team teach is adventurous, but not essential as training can be given for this course.
If you have what it takes and interested in this behaviour support assistant role, email your C.V to email@example.com or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.