We are looking for a degree qualified SEN professional with strong experience working with Special Education Needs, now looking for a senior role within a secondary school environment in South Buckinghamshire.
S/he shall support the Principal and Vice Principal in shaping the delivery of SEN provision within the school and shall work with pastoral staff as appropriate. S/he shall develop and implement strategies to ensure that all students including those with special educational needs, difficulties or disabilities have access to the full range of curriculum provision and educational resources.
S/he shall keep abreast of relevant national and local developments, advise the Principal on relevant legislation and other matters, and contribute to the strategic development planning process. S/he shall assist the Principal and governors in formulating appropriate provision and development priorities, to ensure equal opportunities and the implementation of identified personalised learning.
• S/he shall maintain the SEN register and appropriate, updated records on all students with identified special needs.
• S/he shall ensure effective communications with parents and contribute to in-service training for teachers and support staff.
• S/he shall monitor and evaluate SEN provision and ensure strategies are adopted to ensure high quality teaching and learning. S/he shall lead and advise curriculum leaders and their teams in the development of appropriate strategies, methods and resources for differentiation.
• S/he shall ensure appropriate provision for linguistically diverse students.
• S/he shall attend courses and meetings and disseminate information to the Principal and the wider staff.
• S/he shall monitor and evaluate the quality of learning and teaching in SEN and assist teachers in writing and monitoring individual education plans (IEPs).
• S/he shall report at least annually to the governing body on performance relating to the school’s provision for SEN.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.