SENCO (in addition to class teacher job description)
Protocol Education is a specialist provider of recruitment services to the education sector. No matter where you are on your career path, Protocol Education can help you take the next step.
I am delighted to be supporting a wonderful Primary school in the Leyton area, in their hunt for a SENCO for the next academic year. This is a full time position from September for the remainder of the academic year. The school is a 'Good' School and outstanding leadership from leaders and governors has brought about rapid improvement since the school became an academy.
A SENCo, or special educational needs co-ordinator, is the school teacher who is responsible for assessing, planning and monitoring the progress of children with special needs.
• To keep a profile of children with special educational needs.
• To observe and support children as appropriate on the special educational needs profile.
• To support and advise Key Workers, Learning Support Assistants etc. as appropriate, in how to include children’s needs in the setting.
• To liaise with settings and schools (reception) including assessment centres (Acorn), Children and Family Centres etc.
• To liaise with other professionals from outside services and external agencies e.g. Area SENCOs, Pre-school Education Team Teachers /
Educational Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, etc.
• To arrange, organise and review support for individual children.
• To keep Key Workers and Learning Support Assistants up to date with SEN. and inclusion issues and to encourage personal development through courses and INSET.
• To meet with parents regularly in order to maintain good relationships and to keep parents informed about their child’s progress.
• To respond to changes in legislation/practice from government and the Local Authority.
• To review individual children’s IEPs termly as appropriate.
• To review statements via annual and interim review meetings.
• To develop and share knowledge of resources (equipment, books. materials and knowledge of possible strategies.)
For immediate consideration, please email your up to date CV to email@example.com.
In reward for our candidates hard work and commitment, we provide competitive rates of pay, a refer a friend scheme, candidate awards and end of term celebrations and access to Protocol’s online CPD portfolio.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.