SEN Learning support assistant required
Are you an experienced teaching assistant looking for a rewarding career working in a special school setting? Do you have the ability to adapt learning strategies in order to best suit the needs of the pupils?
We have a current opportunity that has come up and we are looking for committed individuals wanting to build their career as a SEN teaching assistant working in special schools around West Yorkshire. Even if you do not have experience working in a special school setting, we are providing a CPD course that will prepare you with skills and knowledge, giving you an opportunity to open doors for you to work in a special school. For the right individual you will be supporting pupils in a special school setting on a temporary basis. Once you have showcased your skills and abilities, this will give you the opportunity to build a portfolio and possibly gain a permanent role.
Pupils attending a special school will include: Autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), severe learning difficulties (SLD), moderate learning difficulties (MLD), complex needs, profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), downs syndrome and behavioural difficulties.
If you are interested in this Experienced Teaching Assistant role, you will:
• Have Teaching Assistant qualification.
• Liaise with the teacher about the pupil or pupils you are supporting with any developments or issues that arise.
• Have the ability to build relationships with the pupils in order to best understand their needs.
• Adapt learning strategies in order to encourage pupils to stay focused and on task at all times.
• Follow school behaviour policies and procedures.
• Have the ability to use your own initiative where ever possible.
• Be professional and stay calm when difficult situations occur.
• You will benefit from completing a Communication to SEND CPD Course.
• You must have a DBS on the up date service or willing to apply for one.
If you are interested in applying for this SEN Teaching assistant role, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information about the role, call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.