SEN Teaching Assistant
£77 – 90 Daily
Do you have had professional experience with SEN Students and can deliver resilience and enthusiasm throughout the day?
If you have passion for helping children in need and giving professional support when it is needed, then this job may be for you.
Here at Protocol Education, we are currently looking for SEN Teaching Assistants to work in our mainstream schools in Leeds.
What to expect from the role:
- Working with SEN students & small groups of pupils
- Providing intervention support
- Adapting teaching support according to the student’s needs
- Look after student’s physical, social and emotional welfare
- Build trusting relationships with students and communicate according to their understanding
- 1:1 support for SEND and lower ability pupils
The Ideal Applicant:
- Have knowledge of various teaching methods appropriate for SEND students
- Be a supportive member of the SEND team
- Experience with SEN students (desirable)
- Creativity for stimulating and engaging pupils
- The ability to provide individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks
- Have a passion with working with children with adverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of basic core subjects
- Be empathetic, patient and caring
Highlights of becoming a Protocol Education SEN TA:
- There are full-time and part-time positions available both long term and short term assignments
- You will develop your knowledge of the national curriculum.
- This is an ideal post for someone looking for experience working with SEN students in an educational setting.
Why choose Protocol Education?
- You will benefit from your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance.
- You will be paid weekly with no deductions or umbrella company charges.
- Have flexibility and access to your own diary where you can book time off or request work.
How to apply
Does this sound like you?
If you are as enthusiastic about this role as we are, you can apply below - or get in touch with us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.