I am recruiting for a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to work with children and young people who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning, in order to reach their full educational potential.
You will be working in a lovely school in Lewisham where transport links are close and there is parking on site. This school has a diverse team of staff who have a great and inclusive team.
The students at this school have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties. You may also work with gifted and talented individuals.
As an SEN teacher, you'll need to:
- Teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside, the class
- Prepare lessons and resources
- Mark and assess work
- Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
- Utilise special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
- Use specialist skills, such as teaching Braille to pupils with visual impairments or sign language and lip reading to students who have hearing impairments
- Assess children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and work with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- You will liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
- Manage behaviour.
Benefits of working for Protocol
- Weekly Pay
- Refer a friend (teaching Assistant or Teacher) £250 unlimited bonus scheme
- PAYE Agency
- Your own consultant who you will liaise with
If you are interested in this job post, please apply and we will be in touch with some more information. Interviews are taking place ASAP.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.