Are you looking for a rewarding career working with children with special educational needs?
Have you worked in a special school or similar setting and want to make a difference in pupil’s lives?
We are currently working with a number of special schools around the Wakefield area that are looking for experienced SEN Teaching assistants to work temporarily that could lead to a permanent role. Children attending some of the special schools we work with have a wide range of special educational needs such as; Autistic spectrum disorder, complex needs, severe and profound multiple learning difficulties, Downs Syndrome, moderate learning difficulties, social emotional and mental health issues and behavioural difficulties. Not one pupil with special educational needs is the same, therefore it would require a skilled, experienced individual to support pupils and encourage them to develop their educational attainment levels in order to live a happy life in society.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching assistant role, you will:
• Have at least 3 months experience supporting pupils with SEN in a special school or similar setting.
• Be resilient and hard working in order to provide quality support and care for the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Liaise with the class teacher with issues or developments of the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Have the ability to adapt learning activities that are set by the teacher in order to best support the pupils needs.
• Have the ability to encourage positivity and keep pupils on task.
• Have the ability to de-escalate any issues, professionally and in a calm manner.
• Having training such as; Team teach, PECS, Makaton or BSL would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in this role, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Tracey on 0113 2468220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.