Protocol Education are working closely with a school in Camberley who are looking for several exceptional Learning Support Assistants to join their team ASAP. This School caters for children between the age of 11-16 and also has a post 16 setting, the majority of studnets have moderate learning difficulties and work towards functional skills qualifications.
Are you looking to gain more experience within SEN and have an opportunity to work alongside a therapeutic team? Please apply as this is the role for you..
- A passion for helping young people to find their self-worth
- An ability to inspire, challenge and motivate young people to discover a love of learning
- Emotional robustness and an empathic therapeutic presence
- Self-awareness, and knowledge of your own trauma triggers and defence mechanisms.
- An accepting, compassionate attitude towards others
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member within a professional multi-disciplinary team
- DBS on the update service.
This is a rewarding role working in a lovely school in the leafy Surrey hills. You would be supported by a brilliant team of staff and work alongside a team of Councillors, and Speech and Language Therapists. There is a brilliant career ladder at this setting where you will be provided with ongoing training and support.
There are easy travel links, train station, bus station and parking on site.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.