SEN Teaching Assistant (complex autism)
Protocol Education are working with a school in the Huddersfield area who are after a teaching assistant to support their student with complex autism aged 5 to 19. This is a full-time role during term time. The hours are 8.30 to 3.30, Monday to Friday.
- Each student is provided with an individual learning experience
- Ensure that the students are getting the right support-have a multi-agency approach
- Celebrate student achievements-big and small
- Includes excellent outdoor learning amenities
- Set high expectations for the students
- Support students in their personal and educational development
- Build rapport with the students
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Work as a team with the staff and teacher
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Have experience working with students with ASC (autism spectrum condition)
- Be confident in handling challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Work well in a team
If you are interested in this role and fit the requirements, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com. You can also call Sam on 0113 246 8220 to discuss things further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.