SEN Teaching assistant
Protocol Education are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant for a school in Wandsworth. The school is looking to recruit a Speech and Language Assistant to work with pupils in either group’s or on a one to one basis. The position is to start in the new Academic Year in September.
Applications for the position are welcome from candidates of ranging experience although previous experience working with students with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
The best candidate will have:
- Passion for working with young people who require additional support in order to access education and social development
- 2 or above in a Speech and Language (SaLT), Psychology or related degree
- Previous experience supporting children with speech and language communication needs or other special educational needs including ASD
- A proactive and positive individual who is always striving to meet children's learning needs
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Experience delivering SLCN interventions would be advantageous
What you can expect as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant:
- Working 1:1, and in small groups, providing speech support
- Deliver interventions to children who have speech and language difficulties
- Liaising with the class teacher and school SENCO regarding pupil's progress
- Providing phonics support to children below age expected levels
- Supporting the class teacher with the delivery of lessons
Do you have a passion and talent for supporting children and young people with special educational needs and a particular interest in Speech and Language? APPLY NOW!
If you need any further information please feel free to contact me in my email email@example.com
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.