Protocol Education are working with a special school in the Leeds area who are after a teaching assistant to support their students with ASC (autism spectrum condition). This school has a primary and secondary site so the students are aged between 2 to 19. This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 3.30.
- The students are at the focus of every decision made
- Ensure that the needs of each student are met
- There are between 6 to 12 learners per classroom
- Makaton is used throughout the school
- Teaches a variety of subjects based on the students’ needs and interests
- Support students in their personal and educational development
- Build rapport with the students
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Work as a team with other staff and the teacher
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Experienced working with students with ASC
- Be able to confidently handle challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Passionate about supporting students with additional needs
If you fit the requirements and are interested in this position, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com. Please feel free to call Sam on 0113 246 8220 if you wish to discuss things further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.