The ideal SEN TA should:
- 5 days a week availability
- 12 months experience working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or GNVQ level 2 Health and social care qualification or equivalent.
- Experience with supporting learners with PMLD, SLD, MLD, Downs Syndrome, ASD nonverbal and verbal, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment and global developmental delay
- Passion to support pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A willingness to provide personal care and/or feeding if needed.
- Understanding of the varying needs of pupils with SEN
- Team teach, Manual handling, Hoist, PECS or Makaton training would be favourable
- Hold excellent behaviour management strategies
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
What Protocol can offer:
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Competitive inner London pay rates
- Referral bonus scheme
- Dedicated consultant offering continued support
- Online portal to easily manage payments and work
- Wide range schools on your doorstep!