A care worker/assistant is required to work in a school in the Hackney. This role will involve working one to one with students with profound multiple learning difficulties, as well as additional learning difficulties in an 'Outstanding' special school in Goodmayes.
The school caters for children aged between 6-19 years with PMLD/SLD & ASD and severe communication disorders, bi-modal sensory impairment and challenging behaviours. 50% of these students live on site throughout the week and occasionally on the weekends as the school provide residential home for these students on the school grounds. This role would require you to look after students whilst the are in the residential home however there is also opportunities to support within the classroom during school time if this was of interest to you.
You must have experience working with special needs for this care assistant role and be willing to undertake any personal care duties such as feeding and changing. The child has specific medical needs so you may be required to undertake training for the role in order to conduct specific medical duties.
• Supporting students with work set by the class teacher
• Helping with the behaviour management of the classroom
• Working with the teacher to assess pupils levels and ability
• Ensuring the schools ethos and policies are being implemented
• Liaising with parents and carers
The school are looking for individuals who are:
• Experienced working with children
• Experienced working with SEND needs (PMLD, SLD, ASD)
• Passionate about the potential for education and will go that extra mile every day
• Adaptable, and able to work in a challenging setting
• Interested in working in a different environment
• Committed and resilient
If you have Paediatric medical training OR come from a nursing/respite care background, this role would be ideal for you.
Please note that you will not be considered for this position if you don't possess an enhanced DBS Disclosure, or if you are not eligible to work in the UK.
If you're looking for a deeply rewarding new challenge, please get in touch with me immediately! I look forward to hearing from you.
Here at Protocol Education, we strive to ensure that each and every candidate has an opportunity to find their ideal job. For a number of years we are proud to have worked alongside fantastic institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and SEND) to provide them with high quality teachers and support staff.
back to job search
|Industry:||Primary Teaching and Learning Assistants | Primary SEN Support|
|Salary:||£60 - £75 per day|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|