Have you had experience working in a special school setting? Do you want to build your career as a special educational needs teaching assistant?
We are currently working with a number of special schools around the Leeds area that will require experienced, temporary special educational needs teaching assistants for cover and possibility of becoming permanent. Individuals who would suit this role would have to have worked a minimum of 6 weeks in a special school or similar setting. This is due to the delicate nature and consistency of pupils with complex needs, profound multiple learning difficulties and those that are on the autistic spectrum disorder. Some of the pupils attending a special school do require personal care support as well as educational support. We offer fantastic opportunities to develop your skills through CPD courses.
For this experienced Special educational needs teaching assistant role, you will:
• Have at least 6 weeks experience working as a SEN TA in a special school or similar setting.
• Provide educational and personal care support to pupils with PMLD, ASD and complex needs.
• Have knowledge of the differentiated special educational needs that pupils present with.
• Liaise with the teacher and undertake tasks given to support the pupil you are supporting.
• Have excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
• Communicate clearly and accurately to the pupil or pupils you are supporting in order for them to understand and complete the learning activities.
• Follow schools behaviour policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Makaton or PEC’s training is an advantage, but not essential.
• Create a positive climate for learning.
• Have excellent listening and observations skills in order to best understand the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Have the ability to use your own initiative when ever possible.
• Be proficient and professional when certain circumstances may occur.
• Report and record any developments or issues of the pupil or pupils you are supporting to the teacher.
• Have the ability to adapt learning activities to best suit the needs of the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Have an enhanced DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for a new one.
If you are interested for this experiences special educational needs teaching assistant role, email your C.V to email@example.com or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.