SEN TA-ASC (autism spectrum condition)
Protocol Education are working with a school in the Huddersfield area who are after a teaching assistant to support their students aged 5 to 19 with complex ASC. This is a full-time role and the hours are Monday to Friday, from 8.30 to 3.30.
- Ensure students are receiving the best support-including wonderful therapeutic support and outdoor facilities
- Appreciate the diversity of both students and staff members
- Each student is provided with an individualized learning experience that is tailored to their needs and interests
- Celebrate student achievements-both big and small
- Every student has a EHCP (education health care plan)
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Support students in their personal and educational development
- Build rapport with the students
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Be a role model to the students
- Have experience working with students with ASC
- Team Teach is desired but not essential
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Be able to confidently handle challenging behaviours
- Be able to work well with others
If you fit the requirements and are interested in this role, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Sam on 0113 246 8220 to discuss this role further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.