Protocol Education are working with a school in the Huddersfield area who are after a teaching assistant to support their students aged 5 to 19 with complex ASC (autism spectrum condition). This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 3.30.
- Has a wonderful therapeutic support for the students and a great outdoor facility
- Respects the diversity of the students
- Ensures students are provided with a supportive environment to reach their full potential
- Each student has an individualized learning plan
- Celebrates achievements, both big and small
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Support students in their personal and educational growth
- Quickly build rapport with the students
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Work as a team with other staff members and the teacher
- Well experienced working with students with ASC
- Be confident and able to handle challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Passionate about supporting students with additional needs
If you fit the requirements and are interested in this role, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, you can call Sam Keates on 0113 246 8220 to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.