Are you passionate, creative and have the ability to engage pupils that are hard to reach? Is your pedagogy innovative with practical kinsthetic teaching and learning?
We are currently working with a number of pupil referral units in Leeds that are looking for teachers that are passionate about the subject they teach. This role is for individuals that are willing to do two term role with the potential of becoming permanent. It is highly important that you will have had experience teaching pupils that have been permanently excluded from mainstream setting, present with challenging behaviour, social emotional and mental health issues, complex needs and behavioural difficulties. Pupils attending a pupil referral unit can be very challenging, however if this does not faze you and you feel you have the right skills and resilience to teach this group of people , then this could be a great opportunity.
For this Secondary teacher role, you will have:
• You must have QTS or equivalent qualification.
• Have at least 6 months experience teaching pupils in a PRU or similar setting.
• Understand and differentiate between low ability pupils in order to adapt your teaching and learning to the pupils needs.
• Plan and prepare lessons.
• Complete assessments and observations.
• Be resilient and not put off by challenging behaviour.
• Be strong minded and a well grounded individual.
• Have knowledge of IEP’s and recording progress.
If you are interested in this Secondary Teacher role, email your C.V to email@example.com or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.