Protocol Education are currently seeking a SEN Music Teacher within Shropshire.
This fantastic opportunity is starting in January until at least July but could lead to a contract from September! This full-time music teaching role is covering a long-term absence and so full duties will be expected to be taken on by the successful music teacher.
The successful applicant will:
- Deal with situations calmly and sensitively
- Teaching general styles of music.
- Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
- Teaching singing to students from beginner to advanced level.
- Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
- Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
- Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Be creative and ‘think outside of the box’ in their approach to supporting pupils with additional needs
- Care deeply about pupils academic, emotional, and personal development and have empathy for their individual circumstances
- Have a supportive and encouraging attitude, to inspire trust and to motivate students
- Be confident in working closely with other staff and parents to bring about positive change for each child
- Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the student, depending on their individual communication, and learning skills
- Experience teaching Music
- Prides itself of having a carefully planned curriculum
- Offers a supportive and encouraging ethos, to allow you to develop at your own pace
- Offers an environment where the potential of each child is at the heart of everything they do
- Allows opportunities for you to practice your leadership and/or creative skills
- Close to public transport links
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
- A £250 bonus if you introduce someone new to Protocol Education, as a thank you
- Enhanced Child workforce DBS on the update service or be prepared to undertake a new one
- Full and complete 10-year career history • Minimum of 2 references including your most recent employment reference • Legal right to work in the UK
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to Apply Now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.