Are you a motivated individual that enjoys supporting pupils with special educational needs? Is working in a special school a career you are committed to?
We are currently working with a number of special schools in North Yorkshire that are looking for special educational needs support assistants to work short term and temporarily. For the right individual this opportunity could lead to a long term or permanent position. In a special school setting there are pupils with many different special educational needs. Such as; autistic spectrum disorder, moderate to severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, downs syndrome, behavioural difficulties and hearing and visual impairments. Each individual child in a special school requires differentiated learning and support to develop their educational attainment levels. Certain circumstances can be quite challenging therefore this role would suit an individual with a specific skill set. Having training in either Makaton, PECS or BSL is desirable but not essential. There are great benefits and opportunities for this special educational support assistant role. We also offer excellent CPD courses to develop your career as a SEN learning support assistant.
For this Special educational role, you will:
• Have at least 6 months experience supporting pupils in a special school or similar setting.
• Understand the differentiated support for pupils with Special educational needs.
• Liaise with the teacher with notes recorded on the progression of the pupil or pupils you are supporting.
• Develop strategies with the teacher to adapt learning activities to best suit pupils needs.
• Create a positive climate for learning and ensure the pupil or pupils you are supporting feels confident and safe in the environment.
• Be willing to follow the schools behaviour policy.
• Have the ability to use de-escalation techniques when any situation occurs.
• Have a enhanced DBS on the update service.
• Team Teach certificate is desired, but not essential.
If you are interested in this role and are fully committed in this SEN Learning support assistant role, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information about the role call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.