The school caters to the needs of children aged 11-19 with Autism, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Severe Learning Difficulties. Our school is committed to providing a secure, enjoyable and inspiring place to learn where pupils feel proud of what they have achieved.
In order to ensure students a driven and have an equal opportunity at learning, the school's curriculum that is practical and engaging where teachers have high expectations that challenge and meet the needs of their pupils. The school is located, within a 15-minute walk from the nearest station or if you drive there is ample parking located in the school.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Working children with SEMH.
- Supporting their everyday activities and any challenges that they may face.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with individuals.
- Supporting teachers in a classroom with lesson planning and managing pupils' behaviours.
- Ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
- A passion for working in special needs.
- Previous experience of working on a 1:1 basis with individuals.
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure on the Update Service, or the willingness to undertake one through us.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour from young adults and be able to show a calm approach to this behaviour.
Apply now with an up-to-date CV and all successful candidates will be contacted to progress their application.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.