SEMH Teaching Assistant
Protocol Education are working with a school in the Wakefield area who are after a teaching assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with a student in reception with severe SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) needs. This role is in the afternoons only, Monday to Friday.
- Each student has an EHCP (education health care plan)
- Offer students a variety of learning experiences
- Ensure to provide the students a caring environment where they feel safe
- Encourage and praise all achievements
- The curriculum is tailored to the needs of each child
- Handle challenging behaviours and de-escalate situations
- Quickly build rapport with students
- Support the student in their personal and educational development
- Work as a team with other staff members and the teacher
- Use an innovative approach to learning
- Experience working with students with SEMH needs
- Be able to confidently handle challenging behaviours
- Have a nurturing and patient personality
- Have a passion for working with students with additional needs
If you fit the requirements and are interested in this position, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, call Sam on 0113 246 8220 to discuss things further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.