Protocol Education are working exclusively with a large SEN school in the Shrewsbury area who are looking for an experienced HLTA to start in September. The position is full time with the view to go permanent for the right person.
The school are looking to recruit someone who has experience working with children who have complex, profound and multiple learning difficulties, associated communication and language difficulties and challenging behaviours. Many of the students also have acute medical needs. The school also supports students with physical disabilities, sensory impairments, and complex medical needs.
The successful candidate will not only have experience with the above but will also be a great team player, reliable and have a kind and caring nature.
We have worked with this school for many years and have an extremely good relationship with them. They have a close-knit team and supportive management. Many people who get placed here end up on a permanent contract.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
• Minimum 6 months experience working with children who have SEN
• HLTA Qualification or equivalent to.
• Right to work in the UK
• Engaging, positive and reliable.
• Someone who truly cares for the education of children and thrives in an environment working with likeminded individuals.
• A person who has a passion for installing confidence, knowledge and skills into forming children into becoming members of society later in life.
• Somebody with desire to go the extra mile for their students and truly influence their futures.
• A character who truly makes a difference in the classroom and enjoys working with young people.
• Excellent communication skills; Verbal/written and reading comprehension
• Proven track record of positively impacting the lives of children, please note - this can be in any field.
Is caring and has the drive and passion to continue to develop strong relationships and the wellbeing with staff, students, parents, governors, professionals, and the local community
• Right to work in the U.K.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.