Secondary Maths (KS3/4) Teaching Opportunity in Falkland Islands
We have an amazing opportunity to join an exceptional British school in the beautiful Falkland Islands , to start as soon as possible. We are looking for an experienced Secondary Maths Teacher (KS3/4) who would be interested in committing to a 3 month short-term contract.
The school is an 11-16 years mixed comprehensive school with c 160 students on roll. The average class size is around 16 pupils. Currently, there are 19 teaching staff and 8 Learning Support Assistants. The school itself is housed in modern, well-resourced, facilities which include the dual-use community library and an interactive whiteboard in all classrooms. The community leisure centre, which is separately managed, is attached to the school and is used to support physical education activities.
The teachers are provided with support and guidance and the school offers a generous package, which consist of:
• Housing is provided at low cost with start-up package included
• Moving allowance
• Salary - following the British scale ( Low Tax)
• Promotion opportunities due to staff movement
All applicants must hold relevant and recognised teaching qualifications and will be required to have:
• Fully qualified teacher (degree with QTS, PGCE or CEd or equivalent)
• At least two years’ recent teaching experience, within the UK or a British curriculum school
• Ability and willingness to teach mixed ability classes
• Experience of monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress
• Experience of planning effective lessons and contributing to schemes of work
• Experience of differentiating materials to meet pupils’ needs
If you are looking to gain experience in an outstanding, energetic and supportive environment, then we would love to hear from you.
Please note – due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to reply to successful applicants.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.