This school offers a strong induction programme for new teachers, they are committed to the professional development of all staff and is regarded as an excellent secondary special school committed to the provision of high quality education for young people aged between 11- 19 with severe, profound and complex learning needs.
To be considered for this Special Education Needs teaching job in we are looking for people who:
- Ideally have experience in working with children with Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs or Autistic Spectrum Condition.
- are outstanding practitioners with a commitment to raising standards
- have desire to learn and thrive when faced with new challenges
- have good organisational and communication skills
- have the willingness to form part of a successful and enthusiastic team
- understand the school's academic standing and have a sincere commitment to sharing long-term aims.
- are emotionally resilient and a reflective practitioner
- have enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- have experience of working with young people with special needs (desirable but not essential)
- be committed to planning and delivering an exciting interactive curriculum
- opportunities to aid your professional development
- fantastic students who enjoy school, are keen to learn and are proud to attend Woodlands
- a senior leadership who are innovative, driven and focused on teaching and learning.
- a hardworking, friendly and supportive staff team
- a comprehensive induction and CPD programme
- a strong and committed governing body
- opportunities for development as a leader