Protocol Education are currently seeking an engaging and inspirational teacher of Science to work at our client school based in the London borough of Brent. This is a long-term opportunity starting immediately running through to the end of the academic year. You will be delivering general science across KS3 and your specialism to KS4. You will be expected to carry out all duties of that of a permanent member of staff including marking, faculty meetings, parent meetings etc.
The school has been graded ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted at last report. The headteacher is supportive and their leadership has been graded as exceptional. All staff members work together as a team to build upon the success of all students, regardless of their background and initial abilities.
The school offers weekly ‘W’ activities to students that enrich their learning and general excitement about their school. For instance, some activities include reptile care, debate teams and designing their own clothes.
The below comments from Ofsted, very much demonstrate this is a place where teachers who are passionate about their subject and enjoy teaching to committed students will excel;
“Students have exemplary attitudes to learning and their behaviour is outstanding. Those who come to the school with weaker skills make up ground quickly. Teaching is outstanding. Teachers plan stimulating and well-organised lessons and build on students’ high levels of motivation.”
Pay & Benefits
- Reflective pay rate based on your experience
- Guaranteed work for an academic year at a school where you can focus on teaching
- All the flexibility of supply with the security of a guaranteed work
- Free CPD and ongoing social events
- Opportunity to enhance your career by working at one of London’s finest Secondary School
- Possible opportunity this position could go permanent