We are recruiting an experienced and passionate sen Teaching Assistant to work in this thriving and successful secondary school to work within the Special Education Needs & Disabilities department.
The role involves working alongside teachers, leading, and supporting with small group interventions and in-class support for targeted students or groups of students on the SEND register.
The main spheres of interest currently include Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and English as an Additional Language (EAL). Experience working with any of these groups would be essential.
• be a champion for disadvantaged students
• have experience of working with young people in a school or similar setting
• be able to develop excellent relationships with students and to motivate them to overcome barriers to learning
• understand special needs and disability-have recognised skills in one or more areas of special needs
• be calm, supportive, and adaptable
• be very organised and able to maintain accurate and appropriate records
- Hold right to work documents
- Hold a Clear & Current DBS on the update service
- Professional references covering the last 3 years of employment