Start 4th Jan 21
Mainstream secondary school - Hillingdon
The Role -Hours of Duty: 8.00am to 2:50pm
The successful candidate must be willing to uphold the ethos and policies of the school, including the commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
To supervise whole classes when teachers are absent and to assist students in completing work set to ensure that effective learning takes place.
- Cover for absent teachers
• Explain to students the work that has been set and project it/write it on the board. Distribute resources as appropriate.
• Supervise the class in the absence of the class teacher, expect and encourage high standards of work and assist the students in completing work set.
• Check the room is tidy and litter free at both the beginning and end of the lesson and, if not, ask students to assist in tidying up
• Follow the school's Behaviour for Learning Policy with due regard to behaviour expectations, rewards and sanctions.
• Follow up on any behaviour issues promptly using the School's procedure - by the end of the day unless serious in which case immediate action is required.
• Use school systems to remove students who disrupt the learning of others.
• Make sure the board is clean before you leave the room, turn off the interactive whiteboard and log off the computer.
• Return lesson details, register and work completed by students to the pigeonhole of the member of staff you are covering before the end of the day.
• Undertake form registration for absent form tutors, supervise students during form time and undertake any duties required of the absent form tutor in this time
• Uphold the ethos and policies of the school, including the commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
You MUST have;
- extremely strong behaviour management
- be well organised
- have excellent communication skills and student engagement
- be flexible, self-motivated and self-directed
- be calm under pressure
- have good IT skills
- have attention to detail
- Clear DBS & References upon request