The role involves:
• As a cover supervisor, you are responsible for supervising work pre-set in accordance with the schools' guidelines, and ensuring such work is carried out by students to the best of their abilities.
• To manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they undertake their work and ensuring a constructive environment is always enforced.
• De-escalating situations within the classroom in the correct way certifying safeguarding procedures are always adhered.
• Collecting of work at the end of the lesson and returning it to appropriate staff.
• If require, reporting back as appropriate using the school's referral procedures and raising any issues if applicable.
The ideal candidate will:
- be resilient and have good behaviour management skills
- have experience of working with young people
- have a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one