Science Teacher Required.
Are you an imaginative, strong minded Science teacher who can provide creative Science lessons with innovative practical sessions? Are you passionate about Science and want to make a difference to pupil’s social, emotional and mental health issues?
I am currently working with a number of pupil referral units in the Leeds and Wakefield area who are looking for well grounded Science teachers on a temporary to long term basis. Pupil referral units cater for individuals with social and emotional mental health issues and pupils that are permanently excluded from a mainstream setting. Within these units there is a collaborative working environment with all staff members. This ensures smooth practice within the setting and making sure all staff and pupils are valued. Working in a pupil referral unit can be challenging, however a highly rewarding career. This role is for individuals with specific skill sets that are passionate about making a difference to pupil’s lives and have the ability to inspire pupils that are disengaged in their learning.
For this Science role you will:
• Have Qualified Teacher Status, or equivalent qualification to teach in the UK.
• Teach Science from Level 2 functional skills to GCSE.
• Be a well grounded teacher that knows their subject.
• Be enthusiastic and resilient.
• Have the ability to create innovative practical Science lessons.
• Create a positive climate for learning in the classroom.
• Keep pupils engaged and on task.
• Record observations and assessments.
• Adapt learning activities to best suit the needs of the pupils.
• Follow behaviour policies and procedures.
• Liaise with TA’s and deploy them where necessary.
• Have the ability to build rapport with pupils in order to best understand their needs.
• Have an in-depth understanding of pupils attending a pupil referral unit.
• Be prepared for any circumstances, act fast in a professional manner.
• Have a DBS on the update service.
• Team Teach trained would be adventurous, but not essential.
If you are interested in this Science teacher role, email your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Tracey on 0113 246 8220.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.