Protocol Education are currently seeking an experienced School Business Manager.
Initially this role would be a short term position that may be extended and may present further opportunities.
Experience of contributing to the senior management team
* Experience of leading the budgetary management and control within an organisation
* Knowledge and experience of a variety of financial management systems
* Understanding of school management issues, including the role of a governing body
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
* Experience of line-managing a group of staff
* Excellent ICT skills
* Professional accountancy qualification or other recognised business management qualification.
Desirable for the position:
* An understanding, and preferably experience, of schools or education finance (SAP)
* Knowledge of Financial Management Standards in Schools (SFVS)
* Experience at a senior level in an administrative environment
* Experience of working effectively in co-operation with a wide range of stakeholders and partners including both statutory and non-statutory organisations and groups
* Experience of managing and motivating staff
* An awareness and understanding of key issues in relation to procurement, contracts, risk assessment, health and safety and traded service to schools
* Experience of working with young people within the community or a school setting
* Experience of Estate/Facilities Management
* Familiarity with school management system, e.g. SIMS
* Experience of Marketing, Public Relations and bid-writing
* Experience of Business Development strategies
To enquire about this role please do not hesitate to contact Jed on 01162 162 122 or e-mail your CV to JDowning@protocol-education.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.