An exciting opportunity has arisen at a Specialist Resource Base for an accomplished practitioner who is committed to providing outstanding provision for children with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties including Autism.
Teaching and learning within the resource base should be enjoyable, enlightening and enabling and this is what they endeavour to provide for the children at the Resource Base. The school’s provision provides a diverse range of learning experiences, activities and teaching methods that support and celebrate the potential and diversity of their children.
We need an enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable Learning Support Assistant to join our highly skilled team within the Resource Base. We need a resilient, positive practitioner who shows a good understanding of child development and clear knowledge of the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Monday – Friday 8.30am-3.45pm term time only + INSET days.
You will need to have experience of working with children who have SEN in either a mainstream or special school provision. Candidates will be expected to have at least an NVQ3 or equivalent/above qualification or be working towards this.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Reference information for the last five years
• UK eligibility to work, an enhanced DBS on the update service or willingness to have one undertaken at the cost of £44
• The ability to be flexible and adaptable on a daily basis
In return, here at Protocol Education we offer:
• Competitive rates of pay.
• Free continuing professional development training (CPD)
• Ongoing honest, friendly support from our recruitment specialists who maintain 21 years of educational experiences.
• Bonus ‘refer a friend’ payment scheme.
• The opportunity of working with a wide choice of schools across the South Gloucestershire and Bristol areas.
• CV and interview advice and support.
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We provide schools with the teaching, support and SEN staff they need to be successful, while helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff find rewarding work that furthers their careers.
If you are interested in applying please register with us online www.protocol-education.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 945 3960 to discuss our available opportunities.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.