A position has arisen in a school in Leicester City for a Reading Recovery Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant starting after October half term until the end of the school year.
The ideal candidate must be an English graduate and must have experience of supporting children 1:1 or in groups with reading ideally in a school setting
The candidate must be strong as there are a number of children with special education needs in this class. SEN experience is not essential, but would be ideal.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional working manner
• A passion for working with children
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Experience of working with children and knowledge of SEN.
• Good understanding of EYFS/ British National Primary School curriculum
Although not essential, good degree in a relevant discipline (English 2.2 or above)
• OR A childcare or teaching assistant diploma (or other relevant qualification)
If you feel this description matches your personality, please contact Rachael Watchorn on 0116 216 2122 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.