We are currently looking for a NVQ Level 3/4 Nursery Nurse who will be joining a friendly, focused team with the opportunity to develop and grow within the business.
- Early Years Educator
- x40 hours per week plus two evenings per year for parents evening/staff meetings when required
- Not allocated to one room, will move from preschool to baby room
- Holiday/sick pay
- Time off over the Christmas period
- Training and development avaliable at the nursery
- 2 minute walk from Overground Station (Brondesbury Park)
- 10 minute walk from Bakerloo (Queen's Park Station)
Day to day responsibilities
- To observe and record what children do
- To provide a stimulating range and balance of activities which help children make progress in all areas of their development
- Specific responsibility for a group of approximately 6-8 children
- To show an active interest in what the children say and do by talking to and listening to them
- To work in partnership with parents to provide a positive learning environment for all children
Fun days at the nursery
We believe in having fun whilst working, so we have a lot of fun days for staff and children to get involved in.
Some examples of these are:
- Graduation Day - Getting ready for all the pre schoolers to leave.
- Fathers Day Coffee Morning - Dads will enjoy a breakfast with their children and play football/tennis.
- Chicks In The Nursery - We have hatched 8 chicks in our incubator and keep them for a few weeks for the children to help them change/grow.
- Easter Egg Hunt - This is based outside, hiding the Easter Eggs for the children to find.
- Pirate Day, Visiting the Zoo and Hatching our own butterflies in the Summer Time.
Please only apply for this job if you have a NVQ Level 3/4 Qualification in Childcare
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.