Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant - Battersea
Are you a Psychology graduate with an interest in developing your experience in working with students with additional needs? Do you have relevant experience or an interest in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social, Emotional or Mental Health (SEMH) needs or PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties)?
Are you hoping to go on to become an Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language Therapist or work in Clinical Psychology?
Then look no further as this is one of the nicest schools I work with and they are very supportive and welcoming with all new staff.
My client requires a teaching assistant to work with children who have special needs within an "Outstanding Ofsted" Rated Primary School in Lambeth. This role will give you a good overview into working with special needs. They are specifically looking for psychology graduates who have a keen interest in developing their SEN skills and can also help out with interventions.
• £12.50-15 per hour
• Immediate start
• A patient and understanding approach
• An interest in working with students with SEND
• Be flexible in your approach
• Existing DBS check on the update service- NEW DBS CHECKS CAN BE APPLIED FOR
• Existing experience working with children or adults with SEND advantageous, but not required
• Assist and support with the development and learning of students within the school
• Provide 1:1 and general support to students according to requirements for the day
• Work alongside other teaching and support staff to ensure a safe and productive work environment is maintained
• Be responsible for ensuring school policies are upheld including behaviour policies
Protocol Education is one of the leading education recruitment specialists in London. We work with thousands of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools in South London alone so can help you find your perfect job.
Benefits of working with us
• Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
• Competitive rates of pay
• Professional support from our expert team of consultants
• Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
• Free in person CPD courses.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this or similar roles, or for further information and to begin registration, please apply today, or visit our website www.protocol-education.com.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.