You must be available 5 days per week between 8:30am and 3:30pm and live in Darlington or Hartlepool or be able to commute .
We are looking for inspirational tutors to support children and young people with SEND. After the lockdown earlier this year and with schools reopened with the uncertainty of remaining open, many children with SEND are now disengaged with their learning and may not able to attend schools even if they have a place. You may be an experienced tutor or teacher or have experience of working with children in a therapeutic way. One of your aims will be to support and re-engage a pupil in their learning and continue their educational development as schools begin to open their doors again.
Our pupils have a range of individual needs and abilities, and we work very hard to match the tutor with the child who can most benefit from their skills and expertise. Some of our pupils who have deep-seated anxiety or mental health issues linked to their special needs work very well with tutors that are qualified Play, Art, Drama, Performance, Music or Dance and Movement therapists. Some of our tutors specialise in SEN with a focus on certain academic subjects and others work with specific behaviours related to SEN.
Tuition is temporary, and takes place during school hours.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold QTS - This post is also open to exceptional NTQ's
• be passionate about helping pupils overcome any barriers to learning and difficulties with engagement
• be able to build a rapport and strong relationship with children and their families, and with colleagues
• ideally, have some experience of helping children with their learning
• have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils
• use a person-centred approach in their work
• make the wellbeing, achievement and progress of your pupils central to everything that they plan and do
• have the determination and energy to bring about continuous improvement in mental health and confidence.