Protocol Education are currently recruiting teaching assistants from creative backgrounds such as art, music or performing arts to work in a supportive primary special needs school in Lambeth to start immediately. This particular school are looking for teaching assistants that are keen to apply their creative skills on a one-to-one basis and within lessons, that encourage engagement and help students access the work in a more diverse approach. Whilst experience is useful it isn’t a requirement, this school are looking for individuals that are passionate about working in education and comfortable working with special needs. For all successful applications, the school like to invest in their staff and will provide onsite training throughout the role. As a teaching assistant you will be working in class of 6 – 8 students supporting students throughout the day in class and on a one to basis. You will be required to follow tailored curriculum, support students academically and socially and provide support in lessons such as music, art, cooking, and numeracy & literacy. As a special needs school, you will work with a range of needs that include speech & language, mild autism, physical disabilities and learning difficulties.
- Full time role
- Monday to Friday
- Located in Lambeth, London
- Working in a highly supportive primary special needs school
- Supporting students on a one-to-one basis and being part of a designated class
- Teaching vocabulary and numeracy in a creative approach
- Assisting the teacher in lessons such as sensory play, music, art and cooking
- Following students individualised plans and helps students reach their target
- Opportunity to be trained
- Can think creatively and apply skills that enable students to understand task in a clearer approach
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
- Experienced consultant
- Free training to support you in your role
- No umbrella companies
- Competitive rates of pay
To be considered for to this role please submit your application ASAP whilst roles last. Alternatively, you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be considered, and all suitable applications will be contacted within 24hrs.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.