This school, based in Salford, Manchester are keen to appoint a temporary Teaching Assistant with experience working in both 1:1 and small group settings, to support Key Stage 2 students with a variety of SEND conditions.
The role of an SEND Teaching assistant is to:
- -Build and maintain successful relationships with young people.
- -Support a named pupil or a group of students in traditional and non-traditional learning environments
- -Offer a supportive approach in a role-modelling/mentoring capacity
- -Implement specific educational programmes for young people.
- -Deliver activities to small groups of identified young people.
- -To record observations on young people's behaviour and progress
They are looking for a caring, enthusiastic, and energetic person with proven skills who can provide support for three children in Year 5 with Autism, in the classroom and during playtime.
This post will suit candidates who are committed to working positively to provide the best learning opportunities for their pupil and who are committed to developing themselves professionally.
The successful applicant will:
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have a calm and consistent approach
• Have experience of working with SEND pupils
• Have a supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
• Have the ability to be flexible and to work as part of a team
• Be required to work closely with Class Teachers and staff, Parents, Special Needs Leader and Outside Agencies
• Be able to use their initiative in meeting the needs of the child and in adapting and/or developing activities and games that support the development of the child's independent communication and learning skills.
The school can offer:
• A positive, supportive, and welcoming ethos that will allow you to develop professionally
• A fully inclusive ethos for all who learn and work in our community
• A commitment to doing the very best for all children in our school
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
• Competitive rates of pay
• FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
• Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to apply now.