Year 2 Primary Teacher
Protocol Education are working with a lovely primary school based in Rotherham who are looking to appoint a temporary Year 2 primary teacher to join them in September for a long-term teaching role.
This primary teaching position will be on a part-time basis (Wednesday to Friday full days) and willl be from September 2016 to June 2017 to cover the Y2 post-holder's maternity leave.
The school has been observed by OFSTED as a good school, and they pride themselves on making learning relevant and fun for all children by following a themed approach which works well in raising attainment. Children are talented, confident, valued and thoroughly enjoy their learning. Progress is good across the whole school and the KS1 department has received a good grading for teaching and learning.
The staff team are friendly and welcoming as well as supportive of each other.
To be considered for this primary teaching post you must:
- Be a qualified teacher and hold QTS or equivalent
- Have experience in teaching Key Stage 1 - Year 1 and Year 2
- Have good knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Experience in Y2 Assessment would be advantageous but not essential
- Be committed to raising and maintaining standards
- Be able to plan, prepare and assess KS1 work
- Be a good communicator and able to work as part of a team
If you are successful, you will receive the following benefits of working with Protocol and our client:
- Access to free CPD
- PAYE or umbrella company pay structure
- Free stationary
- £50 refer a friend scheme
- Portfolio building
- Team of primary consultants to assist you throughout your placement and thereafter
Shortlisting and interviews will be held shortly.
Apply for this great opportunity today and if your application is successful, our primary consultant Kate will be in touch within 1 working day.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.