We are looking for strong and enthusiastic and engaging Primary or SEND Teacher is required for an immediate start in a SEND school in the borough of Redbridge. This role is full time and long-term placement.
Our school in Redbridge is looking for a Teacher with SEND experience in Autism (ASC)
This school needs candidates who are comfortable with personal and intimate care needs as students in the main will need plenty of intimate support. Most students use either walkers or wheelchairs and candidates will be expected to know how to hoist and manually handle students, if not training will be provided from the school on site. Each class has 7/8 pupils per class, 1 teacher and a minimum of 3 learning support assistants who all work in a collaborative way to support students.
My school have most recently achieved a score of Outstanding in the most recent Ofsted report. They are looking to bring in someone who will help the school maintain these scores and fit in with the school ethos and vision and maintain the high standards they continue to achieve.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to commit to a full-time role (5 days per week)
- Have previous or existing experience working with children with different educational
- Confidence differentiating lessons for pupils with a range of different academic abilities.
- Being comfortable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus, classroom management and on-going 1:1 support where necessary.
- Familiarity with instructional approaches required to facilitate complete access to the
curriculum for pupils with ASD as well as speech and communicational difficulties.
- Have experience with walkers or wheelchairs and candidates will be expected to know how to hoist and manually handle students.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.