Teacher of Girls PE teacher required for September 2022
Do you want to work in a department that places at the heart of everything we do an emphasis on inspiring lifelong participation for all students and believes passionately in opportunities beyond the classroom?
Do you want to work in a school that:
- Places high importance on PE in the curriculum which is a very popular subject, having a high uptake of students in GCSE, Cambridge National Sport Studies and A-level
- Is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2022) where behaviour is good so teachers can teach and students can learn.
- Has a vibrant extra-curricular programme which is valued by staff, students and parents alike. “Pupils and parents enthuse about the opportunities on offer for sports, drama and music” Ofsted 2022
- Has a wide variety of sports teams regularly competing and achieving success in county and national competitions across a range of sports, as well as running a successful Key Stage 4 Ski Trip and Year 8 Sports Tour.
- Takes an evidence informed approach to school improvement, only implementing what we feel will make the biggest difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people, being mindful of staff workload and well-being.
- Is a key provider of initial teacher training in the local area, working with several local teaching schools and universities including the University of Oxford Department of Education.
- Has a CPDL programme which is personalised to meet staff needs and offers recognised NPQ and other off-site training and development for colleagues at appropriate points in their career.
- Is situated at the heart of its community, on the edge of the renown city of Oxford and at the gateway to the Cotswolds.
We are looking for an inspiring, innovative and dynamic teacher who is able to build strong relationships with the students they teach. The successful candidate will be joining a highly successful, forward thinking and well-led subject area with a strong team ethos.
We are fortunate to have excellent facilities, including an all weather astroturf, modern sports hall with 4 badminton courts, a gymnasium, a swimming pool, extensive fields, a long jump pit and access to a high tech fitness suite and squash courts. The subject area also has a large dedicated team office and classroom which includes a state of the art CleverTouch screen to facilitate high quality teaching and learning.
You will need to be able to teach GCSE PE and/or Cambridge National Sport Studies at Key Stage 4. The ability to teach a second subject of maths or science is also desirable.
Our staff are our greatest asset and we are a strong team; a team who work hard to help each student flourish both academically and personally. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people.
Our students and staff are keen to meet you and show off our wonderful school, so why not come and visit before you apply? This post would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher and we very much welcome interested candidates to contact us to arrange an informal visit.
Our school is part of the River Learning Trust; our collective vision is to be a Trust where pupils and staff thrive in schools which demonstrate:
- all-round education, academic success, lifelong learning and strength of character
- sustainable continuous improvement; no school standing still
- all schools being good and outstanding, or improving rapidly
- collaboration that is raising standards, and reducing workload
- where pupils, staff, parents and communities value all we do to support the best possible outcomes and experiences for our children and young people
If you are intereseted in this PE Vacancy from September 2022 in Oxford, please submit your CV and we will be in touch
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.