Protocol Education is currently seeking an outstanding SEN Co-ordinator.
Our client is a ‘GOOD’ (Ofsted) faith-school based in Haringey, Wood Green. They’re looking to appoint a SENCO for the next academic year, September 2016.
As a SENCO you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school’s SEN policy and general SEN assessments and administration duties. You will co-ordinate additional support for SEN pupils, developing effective ways of overcoming barriers to a child's learning and ensuring that they receive effective teaching. You will assess the child’s needs and set targets for their improvement. You will also liaise with parents, teachers and other external services which may be involved, and report to the head teacher.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Qualified Teacher Status (either a PGCE or Cert Ed.; SEN teaching qualification is not essential but will be an advantage)
- Very good Knowledge of British National Curriculum and the ability to plan differentiated work
- A wide experience teaching in the UK (preferably as SEN Teacher)
- A valid DBS or willing to undertake an application for one.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Excellent teaching references
- Strong behaviour management and communication skills.
Experience in a leadership position is desirable but not essential. Also, experience in a PRU or a SEN school would be a bonus.
Additionally, the candidates must be available for interviews as soon as possible. The placement starts immediately.
In return we will offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- £50 Referral Bonus for each friend/colleague you refer to us.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, experience and qualifications, please contact Alexis: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 371 7900 or apply online at www.protocol-education.com
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.