Role: Learning Support Assistant (Down Syndrome)
Are you looking for an uplifting and rewarding role working with children who require extra care and support within their learning environment? Are you a compassionate person who is looking for a new challenge?
Protocol Education are currently working with a number of schools throughout Central London who require teaching assistants to support children with down syndrome. The schools are looking for people who have had experience in working with down syndrome, and meet the following criteria:
• A calm, positive attitude and work ethic
• Experience in working with Special needs, preferably with Makaton and/or PECS.
• Posses strategies that will assist in supporting specific needs
• A caring and energetic nature
• A willingness to learn and develop existing skills
• A team player
• Effective communication skills
If you think this is the role for you, please email your CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.