Protocol Education are currently working with a lovely Primary school in Newham who are looking for an Assistant SENDCO to join them in the new academic year.
Your role will consist of working closely with the school SENDCO to identify and evaluate children with additional needs. You will then work to put into place effective plans to ensure that good progress is being made the child’s needs are being met.
This role would suit somebody with a brilliant knowledge of SEN who is looking to be a SENDCO in the future.
As part of your role, you will be required to work closely with small groups of children with a range of different needs and lead sessions.
You will also be responsible for working closely with the SEN LSA’s to ensure plans are being followed.
The successful applicant will:
- A real passion for improving the outcomes for children with SEN
- A strong knowledge of various additional needs
- Available 5 days a week during term time
- A desire to be a SENDCO in the future
- The ability to identify, evaluate and put plans in place for children with additional needs
- Be able to build strong rapport with parents and outside agencies
The school can offer:
- A positive, supportive, and welcoming ethos that will allow you to develop professionally
- A fully inclusive ethos for all who learn and work in their community
- A commitment to doing the very best for all children in their school
If you are interested, please apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.