Protocol Education are currently recruiting learning support assistants to work in a lovely special needs college located in Sutton, London to start from Sept 2022. This particular college are looking for teaching assistants who are looking to try something new and are passionate about students learning and development. This role will be supporting students on a one to one basis as well as working together as a team. If successful you will be supporting students with life skills such as cooking, washing, shopping, developing social skills by supporting them in the community and also working with students in recreational activities and vocational course such as work placements. This college are recruiting immediately and throughout the term.
- Located in Sutton, London
- Full time - Monday to Thursday with the option of work on Fridays
- Long term opportunity with job security
- Supporting students in class ranging from 6 - 8 students per class
- Developing students speech and language and numeracy skills
- Working in the community with students in activities such as the farm, work placements, bowling
- Teaching life skills such as cooking and gardening
- Opportunity to be trained during the role
- Excellent transport links
- No umbrella companies meaning no hidden deductions
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a calm and consistent approach
- Have a supporting and encouraging manner with learners and an ability to inspire trust and to motivate the child in their care to integrate and learn through play
In addition, Protocol Education can offer:
- Competitive rates of pay
- FREE continued professional development training (CPD) including Team Teach
- Ongoing honest, friendly, and professional support from our dedicated team of experts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and have the suitable qualifications and personal qualities, we would encourage you to Apply Now or alternatively please submit your
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.