Protocol Education are looking for full time SEND teaching assistants to work in an Ofsted rated “OUTSTANDING” SEND college in Barnsley. If you have relevant experience working with children or adults with learning difficulties apply today for a role which is challenging but extremely rewarding.
About the school:
This residential college caters to adults aged 19-90 who are looking to advance their education, many coming from unemployment and low-income backgrounds. The team of staff work closely to ensure all students are given the opportunity to get the best out of their education and the chance to improve their outcomes by re-engaging in education. The school takes a therapeutic approach to build rapport with students and all staff work to encourage positive relationships.
Working as post 16 support you will provide support for SEND students in order to ensure that they’re getting the best out of their education and are able to access materials and understand. Initially you will work on a temporary basis however they may be the opportunity to go permanent.
What we need from you:
Whether you have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant or are looking for a new challenge this role could be for you. As an individual you will be outgoing and confident in your abilities to support and encourage young people to succeed. You will be passionate about helping young people who have additional needs and be empathetic and caring.
What Protocol can offer:
• A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
• Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
• Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
• Competitive Rates
• Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
• The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, call Beth in the Sheffield office on 0114 252 1975 to discuss or email email@example.com and I will be happy to provide more information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.