Are you from a nursing background and are looking for your next career move? Do you want to care for children but not work around the clock like you would in a typical caring role? Look no further, I am currently looking to recruit support staff to aid children between the ages of 3 – 19 with PMLD.
We can offer both day to day and long-term work on either a full time or part time basis.
The Role: Working as support staff you work closely with a number of teaching assistants to ensure progression for pupils both personally and academically. Ideally, you will have a clear understanding of the national curriculum to help assist with teaching and learning, however, due to the severe needs of the children, you will focus more on nurturing pupils and helping them through the school day.
The School: Doncaster based, this “outstanding” school caters to children aged between 3 - 19. The school offers a range of facilities for their children such as hydro and rebound therapy and classes are based on the needs and capabilities of the children and not their ages.
The Successful candidate: You will have experience working with PMLD or SLD in a care setting and will not be shy with helping other members of staff with moving and handling or in an emergency. You must be confident and willing to go the extra mile for both the pupils and other employees. Although incredibly rewarding, this role can be emotionally challenging and so you must be able to stay professional at all times.
Training in moving and handling, medication administration and peg feeding are highly desired, although this can be provided should you not.
What Protocol can offer:
- A dedicated consultant who understands the importance of finding the right role for you, allowing you to get the best out of your employment.
- Access to over 50 CPD courses of Diploma and Certificate level, used to help further your understanding and help you progress further within your career.
- Flexibility - Whether you’re wanting full or part time work, Protocol can work around you. We can offer you daily, long term or even permanent work.
- Competitive Rates
- Refer a friend scheme: £250 to any candidate who refers an individual who begins working for Protocol
- The opportunity to work with an agency who have gained recognition within our industry, through awards and accreditations.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.