Do you have a passion for working with special needs students?
This is a special needs school for students with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorder. With state-of-the-art resources such as a hydrotherapy pool, learning lodges and well-equipped classrooms, you will be sure to help children gain independence so that they can meet many challenges in society
If you have experience or an excellent understanding in any of the following areas then this opportunity could be for you
- Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Moving and Handling trained
- ASD (autistic spectrum disorder)
- VI (visual impairment)
- SLD (severe learning difficulties)
To apply for this position you would ideally;
- Have good communication skills
- Have strong and effective behaviour management
- Work well under pressure
- Have the ability to inspire students to be active in learning
- Experience working in special schools or with SEN students
We offer day to day, short and long term work
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.