Are you a committed and enthusiastic Physical Education Teacher with experience of teaching dance?
Protocol Education are working with a secondary school who are seeking to appoint a an ECT or experience teacher to join their department.
The successful candidate will be teaching dance with the possibility of supporting the department with other sports.
Genres of dance lessons will include classes in Classical Ballet, Contemporary, Choreography, Jazz, Tap and Modern dance.
This thriving mainstream secondary school offers GCSE Dance and PE supporting Key Stage 3 -4 offering a range of activities providing a diverse curriculum for each student.
The Ofsted report described the school as Outstanding in their latest inspection.
Located in the heart of Leytonstone this secondary school is located near the A112 situated with strong public transportation links.
- ECT qualification or equivalent
- Ability to inspire and develop young students, both vocationally and academically
- A thorough knowledge of all subject areas
- Ability to choreograph across a range of styles and techniques
- A good knowledge of assessment procedures relating to the specialist area
Main duties as a Dance Teacher:
- Create dance items for a range of performances
- Supervise the use and care of rooms assigned to Dance
- Maintain and monitor appropriate records of pupils’ learning and achievements
- Ensure that health and safety issues are properly understood, and procedures followed effectively and consistently
- Design, develop and write suitable schemes of work for all Key Stages
- Maintain effective discipline through implementation of the school’s agreed policies and procedures
The school can offer you:
- A supportive, energetic and experience Performing Arts Team
- Well-resourced facilities
- Ongoing professional development
If you are interested in this vacancy as a Physical Education and Dance Teacher, please apply as immediately. This role will start in September 2022.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see protocol-education.com/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.